Skills and knowledge are the driving forces of economic growth and social development for any country. Presently, the country faces a demand supply mismatch, as the economy needs more ‘skilled’ workforce due to change in demographic profile of the country, with 54% of its population under 25 years of age, rising aspiration of the youth seeking better jobs and growing expectation of an employer for an efficient, well trained workforce to contribute to the economy of young India.
Accordingly, Government of India has notified the National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) on 27th December, 2013.
Ministry of Human Resource Development has accepted the NSQF Framework which is to be implemented across all Institutions of Higher Education.
The National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, 2015 has projected a shortage of 109 million skilled persons by 2022 and called for an integrated effort to step up skilling of youth under the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY). As per the Make in India Campaign, the Manufacturing Sector requires adequate youth with Engineering Skills.
AICTE implemented the PMKVY for Technical Institutes scheme through AICTE approved Technical Institutions in the country. Under this Scheme in next three years, 10.5 Lakh youth are to be given Engineering Skills. To impart unemployed youth, the skills and find placement in suitable private sector jobs.
Objectives of PMKVY-TI
The main objective of the Scheme is to impart Engineering Skills for 10 Lakh youth in the next three years. It is aimed to:
- Encourage the institutions for making the best use of available infrastructure of higher education system during off hours for skill training.
- Provide employable and certifiable skills based on National Occupational Standards (NOS) with necessary soft skills to the school dropouts who want to pursue / attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College.
- Provide for up-gradation and certification of traditional / acquired skills of the learners irrespective of their age;
- Provide opportunities for community-based life-long learning by offering courses of general interest to the community for personal development and interest;
- Offer bridge courses to certificate holder of general / vocational education, so as to bring them at par with appropriate NSQF level.
- Provide entrepreneurial orientation along with required skills, trained for self-employment and entrepreneurship development.
- Provide Post Placement support, Tracking and Monitoring
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION OF INSTITUTE
AICTE approved our institution “Pillai HOC College of Engineering and Technology – Diploma Section, Rasayani” and were eligible to participate in the scheme.
Our Institute is well equipped with work shop in sectors –
Construction (which consist of Plumbing, Electrical, Welding, Civil, Const. Lb & Field Tech)
IT (Computer Hardware & Peripherals)
Electronics (TV repairing, Air condition repairs)
ADMISSION DESIGNED BY AICTE FOR PMKVY-TI TRAINEES
- Any person may join such programmes as per the eligibility criteria. For admission to the programmes offered by the Institutions, preference will be given to the learners living in the local community. Reservation to SC, ST, OBC and PWD categories will be available as per the extant National / State policy.
- There shall be no age bar for admission under this scheme.
- Admission may be done round the year, depending on the duration of the programmes, to facilitate a steady stream of learners joining the college and moving out as trained work force to the job market.
- The applicants seeking re-entry into the programme should get preference in admission over the new applicants.
- The School dropouts who want to pursue, attain higher order skills and living in the vicinity of College / Polytechnic.
- Admission will not be given to such students who have taken similar type of training from some other training organization. The student data will be verified from the data of students undergone training under PMKVY, which is now being compiled by NSDC. This data is being integrated with National Labour Market Information System (NLMIS) by National Skill Development Agency (NSDA).
For PROGRAMMES, CURRICULAM, ASSESSMENT, CERTIFICATION & AWARDS set by AICTE
Please check the given link:
Courses Offered and Approved to Pillai HOC Polyrtechnic, Year vise By AICTE Panel
- Asst. Electrician
- Construction Lab and Field Technician
- Tack Welder
- Plumber – General
- Asst. Electrician
- Tack Welder
- Field Technician – Computing and Peripherals (Computer Hardware – IT Hardware)
- Construction Laboratory and Field Technician (Construction)
- Automotive Service Technician (Automobile)
- Solar Panel Installation Technician
- TV Repair Technician
These courses are currently being conducted in our Institute.