Program Overview - Computer Engineering
Computer Engineering has been the one of the most lucrative and competitive course to study since its inception in Indian engineering schools, colleges and universities. When India’s computer industry created mark in world of business and gained super trust and revenue for the nation it also created large amount of well paid jobs for Computer Engineering students. It has paved way for more portable and high end applications whether for online commercial business or for windows based utility programs.
|Computer Engineering - Program Details|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)|
|Duration||3 years, Full Time|
|Academic Year||2 semesters each|
|Exam Structure||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work|
|Theory Exam||Conducted by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)|
Hence, there’s a global demand for computer engineers. Diploma in computer engineering prepares students to meet this demand and to face the various challenges that may come across in his computer engineering based career. The curriculum in computer engineering comprises of hardware and software. The curriculum also provides training to the students in application software required for Industry.
The department of computer was established in the year 2009 with diploma in computer engineering with an intake of 60 students. Department has developed the state-of-art, fully air-conditioned laboratories in various fields of Computer Engineering, Database Management Systems, Computer Networking, Software Engineering, Multimedia, Web Designing, Compiler Design, Advanced Java Programming, Software Development Processes Lab, Computer Graphics, Internet and Web Technology etc.
The department has faculty members having well experience in their field. The faculty has succeeded in keeping the lovely atmosphere amongst the students with timely up gradation in their curriculum and innovative teaching technique. Many of the Alumni are placed in reputed branch of industries and others are pursuing higher education and many of them have started their own firms.
Computer engineering department will create and maintain suitable ambience for quality academics and outcome oriented education and concoct the student for further education, for globalized technological trend and to be a socially responsible person towards the fraternity.
To proffer the quality abode for academic growth and long term learning skills with prominence on technical area and social ethics.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO 1: Develop a positive attitude towards lifelong learning and succeed in industry or higher education.
PEO 2: Apply the principles of Computer Engineering to identify and solve real world problems.
PEO 3: Excel in professional career, exhibit leadership qualities with ethics and soft skills.
PEO 4: Pursue higher education, research or entrepreneurship.
PEO 5: Engage in professional development and adapt to emerging technologies.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- Basic Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering to solve the engineering problems.
- Discipline Knowledge: An ability to apply discipline – specific knowledge to solve core and/or applied engineering problems.
- Experiments and Practice: An ability to plan and perform experiments and practices and to use the results to solve engineering problems.
- Engineering Tools: Apply appropriate technologies and tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse / multidisciplinary teams.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
PSO 1. Computer Software and Hardware Usage: Use state-of-the-art technologies for operation and application of computer software and hardware.
PSO 2. Professional Skills: The ability to understand, analyse and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, database, multimedia, web design, security and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
PSO 3. Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, and a zest for higher studies.