Program Overview - Information Technology Engineering
This course introduces students to the steps necessary to analyze a problem in information technology and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution, with a focus on how to design, implement and evaluate a computer – based system, process, component or program to meet the desired needs.
|Information Technology Engineering - Program Details|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)|
|Duration||3 years, Full Time|
|Academic Year||2 semesters each|
|Exam Structure||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work|
|Theory Exam||Conducted by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)|
Students learn to analyze the local and the global impact of computing on individuals, organizations and society. This course leads students to recognize the need for continuing professional development and imparts an understanding of professional, ethical, legal, security and social issues and responsibilities in information technology.
Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2009, started with an intake of 60 students. The department is approved by AICTE and Affiliated to MSBTE. The eagerness of the students to learn makes it easier for the department of Information Technology to produce top-notch engineers. The department conducts industrial visits and Association activities at regular intervals.
The department is equipped with well qualified and experienced teaching staff and supporting staff, computing lab with all the required software and peripherals as per MSBTE syllabus.
To create a dynamic environment that helps upgrade the knowledge of students and teachers in academics, research and development fields, and make our students a better fit in related industries and academics; thereby contributing to the betterment of the organization and the society.
The mission of Department of Information Technology is to empower the teacher community to effectively impart IT and Computer education. The department is committed to building collaboration with industries to bridge the gap between industry and academia. The department will strive in facilitating academic innovation in teaching, learning, research and scholarship.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO 1: To design & develop novel products and solutions for real life problems in Information Technology field and related domains.
PEO 2: Excel in professional career, exhibit leadership qualities with ethics and soft skills.
PEO 3: Pursue higher education, research or entrepreneurship.
PEO 4: To provide a conducive and disciplined Academic environment, quality of teaching with innovative & modern methods of pedagogy establishing the relevance of technical education as per the needs of the industry and society at large.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- Basic Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering to solve the engineering problems.
- Discipline Knowledge: An ability to apply discipline – specific knowledge to solve core and/or applied engineering problems.
- Experiments and Practice: An ability to plan and perform experiments and practices and to use the results to solve engineering problems.
- Engineering Tools: Apply appropriate technologies and tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse / multidisciplinary teams.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of technological changes.