Program Overview - Electronics and Telecommunication Engg.
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering is a field that involves complex electronic apparatus, circuits and equipments that help in executing speedy and efficient telecommunication systems. Electronics and Telecommunication engineers design, fabricate, maintain, supervise and manufacture electronic equipments used in entertainment industry, computer industry, communication and defense. The ever increasing pace of development in electronics, audio and video communications systems and the automation in industry have made an electronic engineer a catalyst for the change of the modern society.
|Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering - Program Details|
|Affiliated to||Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)|
|Duration||3 years, Full Time|
|Academic Year||2 semesters each|
|Exam Structure||Theory, Practical, Oral, Term Work|
|Theory Exam||Conducted by Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)|
Electronics gadgets and communication systems of the present age have tremendously improved the quality of life today. With the tempo of events throughout the world, it has become essential to have more efficient communication network with the latest electronic devices and circuits. Besides giving a thorough grounding in basic sciences and engineering subjects, the curriculum in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering lays greater emphasis on deep understanding of the fundamental principles and thorough knowledge about electronic devices and circuits, computer architecture and microprocessors, VLSI and embedded systems, electromagnetic field theory, analog and digital communication, digital signal processing, microwave and broadband communications.
Department of Electronics & Telecommunications is one of the oldest departments established in 2009. Electronics & Telecommunications is one of the most important trade of engineering the equipment used in all fields are just because of electronics engineer. You will enjoy hands-on activities and hands-on learning, while working with electronics and technology. Electronics is the cutting-edge of the world today and the wave of the future, providing excellent career opportunities. Electronic equipment is becoming more complex and is being used everywhere, in industry, business and in our homes.
To have Productive and orderly learning environment that provides academically excellent diploma engineers to meet the industrial and social requirements of new technical era.
- To strengthen soft skills, especially of rural students, through co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
- To make the students capable to study, design and analyse the electronics circuits and equipment
- To deliver theoretical base, advanced technological concepts, teamwork spirit, ethics, human values, practical base and providing platforms for synergy
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
PEO 1. Provide socially responsible, environment friendly solutions to Electronics and Telecommunication engineering related broad-based problems adapting professional ethics.
PEO 2. Adapt state-of-the-art Electronics and Telecommunication engineering broad-based technologies to work in multi-disciplinary work environments.
PEO 3. Solve broad-based problems individually and as a team member communicating effectively in the world of work.
Program Outcomes (PO)
- Basic Knowledge: An ability to apply knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering to solve the engineering problems.
- Discipline Knowledge: An ability to apply discipline – specific knowledge to solve core and/or applied engineering problems.
- Experiments and Practice: An ability to plan and perform experiments and practices and to use the results to solve engineering problems.
- Engineering Tools: Apply appropriate technologies and tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- The Engineer and Society: Demonstrate knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to engineering practice.
- Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse/multidisciplinary teams.
- Communication: An ability to communicate effectively.
- Life-long Learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the context of technological changes.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
PSO 1: The ability to absorb and apply fundamental knowledge of core Electronics and Communication Engineering subjects in the analysis, design, and development of various types of integrated electronic systems as well as to interpret and synthesize the experimental data leading to valid conclusions.
PSO 2: Competence in using electronic modern IT tools (both software and hardware) for the design and analysis of complex electronic systems in furtherance to research activities.
PSO 3: Excellent adaptability to changing work environment, good interpersonal skills as a leader in a team in appreciation of professional ethics and societal responsibilities.